I enjoyed recording these sounds again! Having done the project before I felt like I already had a foot in the door! I was more aware of the complications we could have, such as the buzzing from cables and appliances, how much effect wind can have on the sounds we wanted and how far the mic would pick up. At first we had an issue with a buzz/hum but we were able to quickly pin point the cause and eliminate it. I feel as a group we worked well together and I feel as if we got a variety of sounds.
Synesthesia and Cymatics:
Synesthesia and Cymatics are but fun and interesting! I took 6 by 1 over the summer and I really enjoyed the class. My only regret, having taken the class, and my advice to future students would be to take the class in an actual semester. I wish I had more time to experiment with the film strips as well as create more. Its hard for me to say that our synesthesia and cymatics project was my favorite because truly I love all of them. Taking that class allowed me to open my eyes and not only allowed me to express a creative side I never knew I had but also allowed me to see experimental films in a whole new light.
Being able to paint/scratch/bleach/puncture the film strips was such a unique experience. The was certain elements would change the film strip and how different they looked when screened was amazing. I have to say my favorite was how large or small an effect bleach would have on the film. It would either make it completely transparent or just lighten it a little or, depending on the color of the film it could change the color completely!
It was interesting to see/read how music can form art and how people see colors when hearing sounds. It was also interesting to read about the sounds used to create art for the ballet. How these two elements of art grew is fascinating and the dedication and precise work put into these pieces is something to be admired.
No comments:
Post a Comment