Sunday, September 22, 2013

Assn. #1b


I have done this sound recording project before in 201 so I am familiar with the recording process. I was excited to hear we were going to be recording again in this class because it gave me the opportunity to correct the areas we struggled with the first time. This go round I made sure to be a bit more cautious about our surroundings such as: unplugging the fridge and all appliances, working in a more controllable space (such as an apt instead of the school library) and trying to get a wider variety of sounds.

New things I learned this time on top of the last: 1. CHECK, CHECK, CHECK, amd RECHECK ALL of the equipment, including batteries BEFORE taking it home (DUHHH Michelle!). 2. Recording in a bathroom with towels down really does make all the difference in the world 3. Its always better to record more vs. too little (this is just something I need to make habit of…don’t stop recording immediately after the action/sound is finished) 4. This project runs much smoother when completed all together as a group, not in smaller groups within your group.  

As far as post goes:
Again I tried stay aware of my previous mistakes while keeping in mind some tactics I found helped. Previously, my partner in 201 and I ended up having to work at separate times, which surprisingly worked. We would each go in and edit a section, following the guidelines we agreed on, then towards the end of the edit we would come in together and alter anything we thought may need to be changed. I suggested to EK that we do the same and she agreed. Doing this allowed us to freely combine our own sound mixes and also allowed us to create a bridge helping to connect the two chunks. Another problem we tried to steer clear from was unknowingly adding a narrative to the music and personally I think we accomplished that much better than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment