Monday, November 4, 2013

Self Portrait


For my self portrait I really want to film everything with a GoPro. I really like the way the image has that fish eye look.

My life is very chaotic and stressful at times and when I was young I struggled to find a way to calm myself and relieve some stress. I always knew that just simply sitting outdoors alone or not made me begin to relax. Then I started swimming in the 3rd grade and continued to swim year round until I was 18 then became a coach for a few years. I even worked at a pool facility year round for 5 years. Once I reached an age where stress became more of an issue I realized that I love swimming not only because I love the exercise and the sport itself but also because I realized that it was my way to escape even though it was just for a few min. Swimming is my meditation.

For this project I want to use the GoPro to film various shots of me swimming laps in a pool. I want to have multiple underwater shots and some out of the water too. I hope to start my video with a dive into the pool and end with my hand touching the wall at the end of the swim.
For the chaotic part I wasn’t really sure what to film until someone started talking about the fair. I planned on going anyway so this gives me a reason. I don’t know what I will film so it will probably just be everything.
Somehow I want layer the two images to show how swimming pulls me away form all my life struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment