Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cucalorus Response


I had such a blast at Cucalorus. I was able to go with some fellow classmates as well as some friends that heard me talking about it and became interested as well. Every screening I went to was unique in its own way. Unfortunately I was limited to the viewings at the Thalian Hall because of show times and my schedule. I wish I could have made it to a different location but I will have another chance next year.
In one of the screenings, Pioneer, I was initially intrigued by the performance at the beginning. The lady got up and sang a song in some foreign language and the reaction from the audience was amazing. After, during the actual screening, im not sure if this was intentional or not but I liked it. There were moments in the film where the speakers would switch and the audio would get louder or there would just be a faint sound coming from the left or right speaker. The speakers happen to be behind me so every time it happened it almost startled me and made me look behind me to see who was there or what was happening. It kept me on my toes and if it was in fact an accident it was a good one!
I had different reactions to all the screenings but this one in particular was the most unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment